| What is
| Product data
By means of collaborative R&D and pilot projects the vision
is aimed at within the following target areas:
- Electronic building information service
was originally available on a dial-up server and now on CD-ROMs.
In the near future
will be the main dissemination media.
- Data exchange
- International and industry standards for data exchange
are supported when available. Development of new standards e.g.
IFC are followed up.
National standards have been defined
for building classification, CAD layers,
EDI messages and
when international standards are missing.
- Product modelling applications
- Data models and software prototypes have been developed to
support implementation of product model based applications
by independent companies.
- Construction process reengineering
- Organisational & process changes enabled by IT are
encouraged by reference process models and guidelines for
practitioners and developers.