- IFC - Data exchange standard for the construction industry.
- Product model - Computer interpretable representation of a building.
- STEP - Set of ISO standards for data exchange in various industries.
- VRML - Virtual Reality Mark-up Language, a standard way to represent 3D objects on the WWW.
- Laitinen, J (1998): Model based construction process management, The Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm 1998.
- Design Power - Provider of knowledge based CAE system Design++.
- IAI - International Alliance for Interoperability, an organisation developing the IFC standard.
- STEP - ISO 10303 Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data.
- TEKES - Technology Development Centre, research funding organisation.
- VTT Building Technology - Research institute involved in the development.
- YIT Corporation - Construction company,
- YIT story - Description of COVE.