COMET Methodology to choose Product Properties
Methodology to choose Product Propertiesis analyzed within COMET project"Customer Oriented Design Methods"of STAR research program"Systems engineering in construction"at VTT Building Technology.
Figure: Critical customer requirements can be discovered by comparing expected service to the perceived service.
- Early capturing of critical customer requirements is the key to success in services and products.
- The gap between specified quality and delivered quality affects on service quality from the customer point of view.
- Companies have several sources to get!
mation about customer requirements, product properties and service delivery.
- Methods to analyze and handle customer requirements and product properties exist, such as Quality Function Deployment (QFD) and Negation Analysis. QFD is analyzed in COMET application project "QFD in Construction".
- Antti Lakka: Contractor's Customer Driven Development Work, an ongoing academic dissertation work in Tampere University of Technology.
- Industrial partners will implement new practices into their management systems.
Impact on process lead time
- Late changes in design and production processes are main aspects to raise costs and make delays in time schedule. Early capturing of customer requirements decreases need of unnecessary iterations in design and production processes.
Point of contact: Antti Lakka, VTT Building Technology, P.O.Box 1802, FIN-33101 TAMPERE, Fin!
Tel: +358-0-316 3432, Fax: +358-0-316 3445. Email:Antti.Lakka@vtt.fi.
Updated 30.6.1995 byAntti Lakka ,VTT Building Technology