COMET Requirements Management Tool
The Requirement Management Tool is developed within the
COMET project "Customer Oriented Design Methods" of the
STAR research program "Systems Engineering in Construction" at VTT Building Technology.
- Quality requirements systematisation projects (National Quality in Building Technology Program)
- Existing reference models: GARM, IMPPACT, PISA...
- Huovila, P. & Serén, K.-J. 1995.
Customer-oriented design methods for construction projects.
In: Hubka, V. et al. (eds.) Proceedings of ICED 95.
10th International Conference on Engineering Design ICED 95, Praha 22-24 Aug.
1995. Vol. 2. Zürich: HEURISTA. P. 444 - 449.
(Schriftenreihe WDK 23)
- Conceptual model describing the relationships between requirements management concepts
(simplified EXPRESS-G model, ~26 k).
- Implementation specification describing the functionality of the application and the mapping to an implementation model based on the generic
- Generic software application with data structures enabling flexible requirements and traceability management.
- Scientific articles.
- As such as a basic requirements management tool in conjunction with the integrated product modelling environment of the
- As a basis for the development of application specific software tools.
Impact on process lead time
Point of contact:
- Implicit impact.
- Avoiding unnecessary corrective work throughout the building life-cycle.
- Streamlining the verification and approval process.
VTT Building Technology
P.O.Box 1801, FIN-02044 VTT, Finland
Tel: +358 0 456 6941, Fax: +358 0 456 6251
Updated Nov. 23rd 1995 by
Karl-Johan Serén ,
Computer Integrated Construction research team,