Building Product Data Model Maintenance and Delivery Environment
A building product data model maintenance and delivery
environment will be developed in
PICTOR project "Product Model Evironment for Construction Projects"
of STAR research program
"System engineering in construction" at VTT Building Technology.
The purpose of the environment is to enable maintenance of consistent,
cumulative set of building product model definitions, and delivery of
these definitions using e.g. WWW-services.
- The continuous maintenance of a big set of product data model
definitions can be supported by a tailored database application.
- WWW (World Wide Web) is a suitable media for making the product data model
definitions available to anyone interested.
- A MS Access application for the maintenance of product data definitions.
- Facilities to generate HTML-files for delivering the definitions via WWW.
- The application is used by VTT in maintaining a library of product data model
- The definitions can be used in the development of product model applications,
and especially standardised product data exchange.
Impact on process lead time
- The standardised product data model definitions form basis for open
information systems being able to exchange product model data; thus delivering
these definitions promote development of product modelling applications.
Point of contact:
VTT Building Technology
P.O.Box 1801, FIN-02044 VTT, Finland
Tel: +358 0 456 4579, Fax: +358 0 456 6251
Updated 30.6.1995 by
Kari Karstila ,
Computer Integrated Construction research team,