Integrated HVAC Design Application
An existing HVAC design application is being integrated to
product model environment within PICTOR project
"Product Model Evironment for Construction Projects"
of STAR research program
"System engineering in construction" at VTT Building Technology.
The integration of HVAC application enables product model data to be
directly exchanged from product model environment to the design application.
- HVAC design applications use information (e.g. spatial and structural) provided
by other disciplines than HVAC designer.
- There is a need to exchange input data from building product model to HVAC application.
- Data exchange interfaces to an existing HVAC application (preliminary design of HVAC system)
conforming to HVAC product data model definition.
- Demonstration of exchange of product model data between the product model environment
and a building design application.
Impact on process lead time
- Exchange of product model data between applications eliminates need for human
interpretation, errors and rework in data exchange.
Point of contact:
VTT Building Technology
P.O.Box 1804, FIN-02044 VTT, Finland
Tel: +358 0 456 4722
Fax: +358 0 455 2408
Email: email@example.com or
Updated 30.6.1995 by
Kari Karstila ,
Computer Integrated Construction research team,