Integrated Construction Planning Application
Construction planning applications are being integrated
to product modelling environment within PICTOR
project "Product Model Evironment for Construction Projects"
of STAR research program
"System engineering in construction" at VTT Building Technology.
The integration of construction planning applications enables product model
data to be directly exchanged from product model environment to the planning
- Construction planning applications (e.g. cost estimation, time scheduling, resource
management) use information provided by other disciplines than the planner.
- There is a need to exchange input (product model) data from building product model to
planning applications, or more generally from building design phase to construction planning
- Also there are data exchange needs between various construction planning applications
(cost estimation, time scheduling, procurement etc.).
- Construction planning applications (e.g. extraction of bill-of-quantities, generation of
construction tasks) integrated to product model environment via data exchange. The data to be
exchanged is described by production data model.
- A general project scheduling tool will be also interfaced to product modelling environment/
construction planning applications.
- Demonstration of exchange of product model data between the product model environment
and a construction planning applications.
Impact on process lead time
- Exchange of product model data between applications eliminates need for human interpretation,
errors and rework in data exchange.
Point of contact:
VTT Building Technology
P.O.Box 1802, FIN-33101 Tampere, Finland
Tel: +358-31-3163 3436, Fax: +358-31-3163 497
Email: email@example.com or
Updated 30.6.1995 by
Kari Karstila ,
Computer Integrated Construction research team,