Presentations from the Final SuPerBuildings Workshop,
held 18.12.2012 in Brussels
10.30 – 11.00 INTRODUCTION
- Opening, prof. Petr Hájek, CTU in Prague
- Objectives and scope, Tarja Häkkinen, VTT
- Validity and comparability of assessment results, functional equivalency, Sylviane Nibel and Boris Bosdevigie, CSTB
11.00 – 12.00 INDICATORS I
- Green house gases, Antti Ruuska & Tarja Häkkinen, VTT
- Rational use of water, Laetitia Delem, BBRI
- Solid waste, Antonín Lupíšek, CTU in Prague
- Land use, Susanne Supper, ÖGUT
- Building performance related indicators as social indicators of buildings, Tarja Häkkinen, VTT
12.00 – 13.00 LUNCH BREAK
13.00 – 13.45 INDICATORS II
- Thermal comfort, Patxi Hernandez Iñarra, TECNALIA
- Aesthetic quality, Carmen Antuña Rozado, VTT
- Economic indicators – proposals and first experience, prof. Thomas Lützkendorf, KIT
13.45 – 14.30 EXPERIENCE FROM CASE STUDIES
- Lessons learned from case studies within OpenHouse project, OpenHouse
- Lessons from Case Studies, Laetitia Delem, BBRI & Erik Alsema, W/E consultants
14.30 – 15.00 COFFEE BREAK
15.00 – 16.30 RECOMMENDATIONS AND CONCLUSION
- Research needs: Development of benchmarks, prof. Thomas Lützkendorf, KIT
- Guidelines for the use of BIMs as sources of information and in the assessment of buildings, Bruno Fies, CSTB
- Recommendations for the use of SB assessment and benchmarking methods in steering, Tarja Mäkeläinen, VTT
- Motivation speech by invited speaker Greg Foliente, CSIRO & Fraunhofer WKI & TU Braunschweig
- developed and selected sustainability indicators for buildings. The focus was on the development of data validity and reliability of the selected key indicators.
- developed understanding about performance levels in Europe and criteria for benchmarking.
- made recommendations for the effective use of benchmarking systems in different stages of building projects
- developed solutions for the integration of sustainability assessment with building information models.
- made recommendations for the powerful use of assessment and benchmarking systems as instruments of steering considering both regulative approaches and economic incentives.
- efficiently disseminated the results
Project coordinator Dr. Tarja Häkkinen, firstname.lastname@example.org